Prepare for Release?
- All changes cause stress and this is a big change for
- Everyone includes: the inmate, spouse or significant other,
children, their caregivers, other friends and relatives. Even pets are affected.
- Preparing For Release will make
everyone more relaxed. The entire family will have a better idea what to expect.
- An inmate's feelings may be very intense both immediately
before going home and for quite a while after being home. The joy may be powerful
and exciting, but disappointment and fear may also be present.
- It will take several weeks and maybe even months for the
entire family to adjust to having the loved one home.
- Preparing For Release provides an
opportunity for self-discovery and growth for each family member.